1. Wear Personal Protective Equipment to protect your eyes, nose, mouth, and skin.
2. Anything that was wet with flood water and can't be cleaned and dried completely within 24 to 48 hours should be taken outside.
3. Open as many doors and windows when you are working, and leave as many open as you safely can when you leave.
4. When electricity is safe to use, use fans and dehumidifiers to remove moisture.
5. If you use cleaning products, do not mix cleaning products together.
6. Clean surfaces with water and a detergent.
7. Don't paint or caulk over mold as it will not prevent the mold from growing.
8. Dry your home and everything in it as quickly as possible, preferably within 24-48 hours.